Standing Strong Since 1925
In 1923, brothers W.E. and Henry T. Miner came to Eugene from Wisconsin where they made their livelihoods as dedicated businessmen in timber and real estate. Right from their arrival, both Miner brothers believed in the future of Eugene and the prosperity of the people of the Willamette Valley. Devoted supporters of education, they donated The Miner Building as a gift in trust to the University of Oregon in February of 1933 as a permanent endowment for teaching and research in the School of Business Administration.
In 1947, the State Board of Higher Education sold the property to 38 local doctors. At the time, the entire 68,000 sq ft was occupied by over 100 tenants.
The Miner Building has been the birthplace of hundreds of companies over its 90 years at the center of the Eugene. Nike had its first shoe waffle press in our basement, The Slocum Center for Orthopedics & Sports Medicine started here, and so many companies are growing and thriving here today. At the heart of the city, The Miner Building is an incubator of business, prosperity, and success, just as W.E. Miner envisioned in 1923.